Creating successful eCommerce websites is all about utilizing great product photography and an effortless purchase process.
eCommerce has allowed brands to touch users worldwide and gain a foothold in markets that just weren’t available before. But designing a successful eCommerce site can be tricky.
Here are the best practices to follow:
- Identify the Key Personas – get a clear picture of who is your key user/purchaser base is all about.
- Competitive Analysis – take a look at the competitive space and identify where your brand can offer a unique offer in the space.
- Great Beauty Shots – spend the time and money to source great hero shots for your home page. The first impression is so important to the success
- Clear Product Shots – also super important to get clear, engaging product shots to let the user see and almost touch the product online.
- Template Flow – keep pattern consistency from the home page to the gateway page, to the product details page, keep a consistent layout and image sizes for both UI consistency and production work efficiency.
- Clear Touchable CTAs – making the CTAs engaging is not that hard. Make the button be the highest design contrast on the page, use verbs in the link, and DON’T just use generic non-SEO-friendly “Learn More”. Use natural language that a user would be searching for.
- Measure Success – once the site is launched doesn’t mean it’s done. Take a look at metrics and tweak the design, color, copy, and even layout to see which works best.